Grilled Halloumi Cheese and Vegetable Stacks
For the dressing
1 x 200ml pot low-fat crème fraîche
½ handful fresh mint, finely chopped
½ ruby grapefruit, juice and flesh
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the vegetable stack
1 each red, green, and yellow sweet peppers, quartered, seeds removed
1 medium eggplant, sliced
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 x 250g block halloumi – Available at Country Cheese Company
4 mint sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- For the dressing, mix the crème fraîche, mint, grapefruit juice and grapefruit flesh in a bowl until well combined. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Set aside until needed.
- For the vegetable stack, place the peppers, eggplant and zucchini onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and slightly crisp on the outside. Set the vegetables aside.
- Cut the halloumi lengthways into eight slices. Brush a grill with oil and place it over a medium heat. Add the halloumi to the grill and cook for 20-30 seconds on each side, or until golden-brown grill marks appear on both sides.
- To serve, place a slice of grilled halloumi onto each of four plates and stack alternate slices of the vegetables on top. Top with another slice of the halloumi. Serve the dressing alongside the vegetable stack. Garnish with one of the mint sprigs.
Tip: Grill the halloumi just before serving as it can become rubbery.