Coastal Cauliflower and Cheese Soup
- 2 small heads cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups milk
- 8½oz Ford Farm Coastal® Mature Cheddar Cheese - finely grated
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop Onions coarsely.
2. Melt butter in a large soup pot over a medium-low heat. Sauté the onion in the butter until the onion is tender.
3. Cut cauliflower heads into florets.
4. Fill a large pot with florets and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook until cauliflower is tender, and then add the cooked onions and butter. Let cool off heat for 15 minutes.
5. Puree cooled contents in heavy duty blender.
6. Return contents to burner over medium-high heat.
7. Pour milk into the pot and stir well.
8. Once the mixture is simmering, add all of the shredded cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
9. Serve hot. Season with sprinkles of cheese and black pepper to taste.